Fab condition for age – mirror is spotless except for one 3mm circular spot
Wood veneer base
Base 34cm wide / 17cm deep
Mirror 33cm wide / 48cm high
George Court & Sons department store Karangahape Rd. Auckland. Opened in 1926.
Brothers George & Frederick Court operated in Auckland from 1908. Initially as drapery shop. Over the early 20th century George Court & sons operated from several stores along K Rd. Eventually consolidating into the purpose-built department store opposite Pitt St.
With times changing the store held in there as long as it could, but due to competition peddling an incessant flow of imported goods & the dominance of shopping malls – the store closed its doors in 1988. The building was converted to apartments in 1993.