“We know & love our Stuff”The Team@FiF
We have been collecting for decades & are still actively collecting. We go the entire length of the country to find these special items.
We know our products and only select genuine high-quality items.
This is our dedication – we love every item and enjoy seeing them going to new homes where they are certain to give years of pleasure.
Our backgrounds are in:
- Engineer – electronics & telecommunications
- Costume maker – drafting, upholstery
- Cabinet maker – shop fitting
All work & preparation (except some very specialised tasks) are carried out by ourselves in our West Auckland workshop. You are most welcome to visit to inspect items prior to purchase. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
We pride ourselves in customer service
We intend to create an established brand of excellence. We have run our own company for 15 years (& still going). We understand that customer service is an imperative part of success.
- You will always be able to consult directly with the team member who knows the item best or who carried out any repair.
- We are happy to answer any questions or queries you may have, even if this is a question regarding something you already have.
- Should you have issues with any item, we will always strive to reach a suitable outcome.
Many items are guaranteed
Various items have guarantees applied – see the specific product page ‘Additional Info’ tab & our ‘Terms of Trade’ page for full details.
Regardless of the warranty applied – we strictly adhere to the NZ consumer guarantees act 1993
This act states we will provide items that are:
- of acceptable quality
- fit for purpose
- matching to the description given
- matching any samples or demonstrations given
- sold at a reasonable price, if a price wasn’t agreed beforehand
- able to be legally sold
We are super careful when packaging & shipping items
We understand that freight can be a dangerous exercise! The last thing we want is to lose any precious item due to poor packaging. We always go to extremes to ensure items are protected & packed well.
If an item sells to a region and we have a buying trip coming up nearby – we will always contact the purchaser to offer delivery at no additional cost.
See our ‘Shipping’ page for full freight practices & ‘Road Case Freight’ options.
We will Deliver
We offer delivery in the Auckland area – even a free delivery for Auckland orders over $150.00.
- We are flexible & will work around you for suitable delivery times.
- We do Auckland deliveries ourselves – happy to help with unloading items, happy to help with connection of audio equipment & to offer any advice.
- Our team are all fully vaccinated against Covid 19 and always consider your personal safety with the upmost care.
We are 100% committed to sustainable business practices
It’s a very large reason why we do this!
- We use only genuine FSC woods or if possible recycled woods in repairs & new 54 FiveSix Furniture items
- We use European finishes and never allow any chemicals to enter drains
- We do not acid dip any furniture – this is a waste disaster
- We avoid chemical stripping like the plague – this also is a waste disaster
- We do not use Velcro backed sandpaper – this is tantamount to single use plastic
- Any electronic components that have been replaced are disposed of correctly via E-Waste services
- We have a large collection of genuine mid-century upholstery fabrics which adds to the appeal of our items and also adds to the Repair – Reuse – Recycle concept of our commitment.
Compared to most manufacturers we would have an insignificant environmental footprint
We Support local industry
- We do not import any product – any internationally sourced items have been collected by ourselves during travels abroad
- We use NZ wools when possible for new upholstery fabrics
- We use only NZ manufactured foams when new foam is required
- We use locally sourced woods where possible & source any veneer from a local Akld specialised manufacturer