Brothers Colin & Desmond Rawson established Hornsea Potteries in 1949.
Initially making plaster of Paris model souvenirs for those visiting the British seaside town, 'Hornsea'.
Hornsea quickly expanded into ornaments & tableware. Early designs mostly by Colin Rawson sold extremely well. By 1975 they operated factories in both Hornsea & Lancaster, employing over 700 people. In 1984 tides had changed - the business was sold, all but a few designs still remain property of Honsea Potteries Intellectual Properties USA LLC.
In 2008 Hornsea Museum opened a permanent exhibition of Hornsea Pottery
Showing all 4 results